The year of 2017 brings beneficial changes for the Citizenship by Investment program applicants as the Prime Minister of Saint Lucia has announced new amendments. Several common requirements have been waived, costs of Economic Fund option were reduced as well as Government Bonds option adjusted. New regulations that come into force are as follows:
• Removed requirement to declare financial resources of at least 3 000 000 USD.
• Removed requirement to take oath or affirmation of allegiance only in St. Lucia’s or diplomatic mission abroad in person. Since 2017 successful applicants can supply a sworn declaration before an Attorney-at Law, Notary Royal, Notary Public, Consular Officer of Saint Lucia or Honorary Consul of Saint Lucia.
• Removed maximum number of yearly applications.
New amounts qualifying under Economic Fund program are as follows:
• Investor only: 100 000 USD.
• Investor with spouse: 165 000 USD.
• Family with up to 4 members: 190 000 USD
• Each additional dependent, regardless of age: 25 000 USD
Government Bond option:
• Administration fee per applicant: 50 000 USD.