The beginning of 2017 brought more favorable terms and conditions for ones, eager to obtain St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship. On the 1st of January, 2017, government of the Islands has introduced new amendments in citizenship by investment program. Key adjustments affect age limit and costs of Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) option. Approved changes are as follows:
Age limits qualifying as dependents:
• Age limit qualifying as main applicant’s dependent parent has been lowered from 65 to 55 years old.
• Age limit for adult dependent children has increased from 25 to 30 years old.
• Dependents under 16 and born after citizenship has been granted, will be processed regarding national security.
New costs qualifying under Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation (SIDF) program are as follows:
• Investor only – 250,000 USD.
• Family with up to 4 members – 300,000 USD.
• Each additional dependent, regardless of age – 25,000 USD.